97 Days and Counting
As of today there are 97 days left of the year. Have you achieved your health wellness goals you set for yourself last New Years Eve? Are you healthier or sicker? Have you made any changes at all and if so, how long did you stick to them for?
If you find yourself still holding onto those last 20, 30 or even 50 or more pounds you still have 97 days left of 2012 to do something about it. There is no need to wait until 2013 to get started or tell yourself you will get started and then find excuses to not improve the quality of your health.
Have you gained weight this year? Has a Doctor diagnosed you with a new medical problem that puts your health in jeopardy?
Are ready to invest in yourself, commit to your goals and make changes to your nutrition and lifestyle habits?
Here are 5 simple tips you can implement into your life TODAY to get you back on track. If you need more support and guidance please give me a call at 778-836-3831 and we can discuss your goals, want and needs.
5 Weight Loss and Health Tips
1. Eat breakfast within an hour of waking up. This stimulates your metabolism and appetite. You should wake up feeling hunger. If you don't then start with this simple tip tomorrow.
2. Include 1/2 cup of any type of beans or lentils with your lunch. Research shows that those people who include 1/2 cup of beans or lentils report less cravings and consume less calories throughout the day.
3. PM snack is mandatory. Pack your PM snack with you when you are out and about. Keep snacks handy at your desk. If you have a late dinner then 2 PM snacks might be necessary.
4. Include 3-4 ounces of protein with lunch and dinner. Most people don't get enough quality protein throughout the day. Measure your portions!
5. Use spices and keep your meals tasty. Having the same old chicken and vegetable dish gets really boring and causes you to search for variety and flavour from other foods that might not be the best choices.
How will you use the last 97 days of 2012? You can achieve a lot in 96 days. Start using the steps listed above. If you want to take advantage of my expertise in helping clients achieve their weight loss goals give me a call at 778-836-3831 or email at email@example.com.
In good health,
Cheryl Wahl, RHN
Want to reduce your risk of cancer, receive recipes and health information regularly straight to your in-box? Download your free copy now.