2 Tbsp coconut oil or butter
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 inch fresh ginger, grated OR 1/2 tsp dry ginger
2 Tbsp tomato paste
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8-1/4 tsp hot pepper (depending on your taste)
1 Tbsp turmeric
4 Tbsp garam masala
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut in bie size pieces
1/2 head cauliflower
2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
1 can of coconut milk
1. Fry the onion, garlic and ginger in the coconut oil until golden
2. Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink
3. Add the paste, black and hot pepper, turmeric and garam masala. Stir until the chicken is completely covered
4. Add the broth and simmer for 1 hour, stirring regularly
5. About 10 minutes before serving, add coconut milk and stir
Serve over rice or quinoa.
Tip: If it needs to be thicker, dissolve 2 Tbsp corn starch in warm water and add to chicken dish.
Leave a Reply.