Easy Cherry Mini Cheesecake
Makes 12 Mini Cakes
Theses mini desserts turn out wonderfully, as individual cakes from lined muffin tins, and are festive enough to use in place of a traditional birthday cake. The recipe certainly looks like a lot of work, but really it is all about measuring and using a food processor.
For the Crust
1 cup, soft medjool dates, pitted
1 ¼ cups natural walnuts
Pinch of sea salt
For the Filling
1 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
¾ cup coconut milk
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
¼ cup melted coconut oil
½ cup quality maple syrup
¼ cup pitted cherries, minced
1. Line muffin tins with festive wrappers or parchment paper circles.
2. Mix all of the crust ingredients together on a low setting in the food processor. It should be crumbly, but form into a ball.
3. Remove from food processor and press a heaping tablespoon into each muffin cup.
4. Take your soaking cashews and rinse well.
5. Do not shake the coconut milk can - skim the fatty part that has separated to the top and use this part first.
6. Add them and the rest of the ingredients, less the cherries, to the food processor.
7. Allow it to blend on high, until a very creamy consistency has been achieved.
8. Taste for sweetness.
9. Separate the filling into the 12 muffin cups.
10. Spoon the cherry mixture evenly onto the tops of the mini cakes.
11. Place in the freezer for at least 4 hours or overnight.
12. Remove 10 minutes before you need them and serve with some fresh cherries on the side.
Leave a Reply.